Jun 22, 2017

Vermont Pillow

Another niece is getting married and this time I offered to make the ring bearer pillow.  My niece lives in Vermont and showed me some cute photos on Pinterest (where else) of pillows made in the shape of states.  Since Vermont was where this romance began it seemed only fitting.

Her colors were grey and green/blue.  I used several shades of silk dupioni and stitched squares together and then attached the whole piece to fusible fleece.



I traced a sugar maple leaf (from the Vermont State tree) on paper and stitched around it by machine. Using this as my pattern I then stitched around it with green embroidery floss.

  


 
My trusty Bernina lettering stitches came in handy for adding the names of the bride and groom and date of the wedding. I also added a handle to the back for easy carrying (not shown in this photo).    I stitched the 2 pieces together and then lightly stuffed the pillow with fiberfill to give it some body.


The completed pillow and coordinating garter.  The mother-of-pearl heart button marks the city where they had their first date and subsequent proposal. 



            The handsome ring bearer and his assistants.  He did a great job.



1 comment:

Cashmere Sally said...

Great post and wonderful project!